Sunday, November 20, 2011

Emotional Rollercoaster

Hey blog. This weekend has seriously been an emotional rollercoaster. There has been quite a few highs and some really LOW lows. So I'm gonna start with Thursday. Thursday was a pretty chill day. I had an oral exam for my Italian class that I think went ok. The Etas had a highly successful bake sale. I was proud. I went to Queer Chorus rehearsal and then to Gaymers and then back to my room and just had some me time. I did a lot of thinking on Thursday. The pledges' also had their pledge night and I just had this weird feeling that something bad was gonna happen. Friday was really cool. I didn't go to Italian because they were just finishing up presentations. I had an Amazing voice lesson. Queer Chorus dress rehearsal was fun. And the concert was SPECTACULAR!!! Post-concert I hung out with my Grandlittle, Billie, for his birthday. We went out to eat and also went to the movies to see "The Thing." For some reason, the entire night I felt disconnected from everyone. I just didn't feel like I belonged. Saturday came around and I woke up at noon. I got dressed and got ready to go to the Pledges' Fraternity Social. It was really chill just like them. I had fun. Saturday night I went to the Alumni Ritual and saw 3 brothers, including my first Little Jake, cross into Alumni. After the ritual, we went out to eat at Threadgirl's. It was good. After that, I went over to my little, Scotty's, apartment to hang out. A bunch of other people were there and the night started off really good. I was dancing and laughing and having a good old time. After the dancing stopped, my mind started to wander. Every deep dark depressing feeling I've had started to creep up into my mind. Those things turned into facebook posts and tweets. As the night progressed, everything negative thought I've ever had, every negative thing that had ever been said to/about me, and every negative feeling just began to flow. I just wanted it all to end. I thought about it and thought about it and fought with myself like no other. I hadn't felt like that in such a long time. Thankfully I didn't do anything since I am here writing this post. I'm not going to say that the thoughts haven't left my mind but I'm taking it one step at a time. Today has been rather bleh. Everyone keeps asking me about last night, but Idk how to talk about it. How do you tell someone you thought about just ending it all? I honestly don't know how. I'm still fighting myself with this. Yeah everyone can tell a person how great they are but if they don't believe it they what can you do? Honestly I don't always feel: special, talented, beautiful, unique, wanted, loved, supported, needed, important, like people care if I exist, like I've made an impact (positive), like I do anything well, like I belong anywhere, smart, intelligent. The list could just keep going on and on. I just don't. Friends/brothers, I ask one thing, just be there for me if you see me down because I don't want to have another experience like I did last night.

3 comments:

  1. I'm here for you Ronnie, for anything, always.

    ~Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These feelings of insecurity and fear are common to all! I think most people (especially us gays) have a ROUGH life. Many of us have been through horrific experiences that stay with us for the rest of our lives, but you can't back down.

    NEVER QUIT. NEVER STOP EVER. You have the ability to turn these feelings in an energy source! Don't be afraid of who you are! You deserve to be happy! You deserve a life and don't quit trying until you have it!

    This life is beautiful and is a gift. A PRIVILEDGE. We are not promised a DAY in this life. The only promise that we have is that one day we will eventually die. Everyone the ability to turn their life into something amazing! You have that power too RONNIE!

    You cannot see it now but you have GREATLY affected many people this semester. You may feel alone but all you have to do is look at your phone and I gurantee many of them will listen to every word you have to say! Why? Because you have the heart and have PROBABLY helped them before. You are an encourage. You are not perfect, obviously- no one is! But that does not mean that you lose faith in yourself! You are a BEAUTIFUL person inside and out!

    No one in this life are completely secure in themselves! Everyone gets sad at times! But you NEVER GIVE UP. Banish that negative energy from your mind! There is a different between repressing the way you feeling about and repressing negative self-talk.

    Just know that life gets better! Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Today is YOUR day. Always remember that happiness is a choice. Joy is a state that takes work to attain! People who are joyous don't become that way over night! These trials you're going through can ONLY make you stronger. Just remember that FIRE refines gold and makes it more pure!

    Trust who you are! Trust who you have become! Don't be afraid to change your imperfections, but never lose sight of your dreams! Stay you and stay you.


    Take this time to discover who are you. Hold tight to that and never let go! Life is worth living! Life is not something to be seen as a choir or obligation. It is a GIFT and you have been given so much: talent, intelligence, and most importantly- heart.

    Never give up, never say die.



    Thinking of you,

    One of the many people who love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't judge me on my spelling/grammatical errors!

    ReplyDelete