Friday, April 29, 2011

Far Away

Hey guys,

The title from this one comes from Marsha Ambrosius's hit.

Well a lot has happened since my last post. Last weekend was somewhat lonely but also almost perfect. While it hurt that I could spend the Easter holiday with my family, I did enjoy my weekend. I had some much needed me time. I had the room to myself. Friday, I went to my friend Ashley's birthday celebration (OMG I like totally love her; she is like one of the most awesome people on the planet). I also went to bed pretty early after that like at midnight. Saturday was cool. I got to play my PS3 for the first time in like forever. After work, I ordered Chinese food and watched the Descent which was pretty much the perfect night ever. But while it was perfect, for some reason I couldn't sleep. So I woke up at 4am, watched Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and then finished the Descent (fell asleep on it the first time). Then after I finished went back to sleep. I woke up again at like 11am. I just hung around my room on Easter. I texted all of my brothers and my family to tell them Happy Easter. I had a pretty awesome convo with my cousin Tiffany who I hadn't spoken with in a long time (I miss our 4 and 5 hour conversations about everything). The weekend was good.

This week has been pretty chill. I got through Monday and Tuesday which were the days I worked 2 events as opposed to the typical 1. Wednesday was pretty busy though. I had class, as usual, until 3pm. Then I had my TIP meeting with Lauren (my mentor). Then I went to work from 4 - 5:30. And after that, I had a frat thing. Oh I also registered for class on Wednesday. While I originally planned to have one schedule by the time I registered everything was closed. I like the schedule I wound up having but I am really gonna have trouble getting up for 8am Italian everyday (so not looking forward to it)!!! Also I got to hang out with my friends Cody, Matt, and Rudy for a long time (I didn't get to my room until 3am). Today, well technically it's Friday but whatever, was good. I woke up at 1pm. Thankfully my Italian class was optional due to us have Oral exams. So I basically chilled until I had to go to work. After work, I went to another frat event. It was really good! I got a lot out of it because it will only help me be better in my Executive position. But it also got me thinking about a lot and kinda has me feeling torn.

(For some time now, a series of events have occurred and IDK what to do about them. It's just a lot. I feel like I want to be FAR AWAY from the situation, but I'm not and it affects a numerous amount of others. But I have faith that it will all work out. It should).

Now to get away from the gloominess. I am so excited for this weekend. On Saturday, I could possibly have 6 new brothers and it makes me so happy! I adore them all and will feel so HONORED being able to call such AMAZING people BROTHER! Also this weekend we have our DLP Banquet which sounds like it will be too much fun. Plus Alumni Daniel Williams will be in town for the initiation (My first thought when I met him was "WOW!!!! He is TALL!!!"). Also on Sunday, I officially take office!!! While I am somewhat scared shitless, I am also excited. I was voted into the position because my brothers thought it fit me better than the one I initially ran for but lost to someone who will be amazing at the job (Eddie). Even my big says the job is perfect for me and that I'm perfect for the job. I will do my best.

Singing my way out,
Ronnie

1 comment:

  1. Haha thanks for the shout out. :) Hang in there, school is almost done. Have fun at the banquet!

    ReplyDelete